I love you, Brit.
- <p> Me: Lets go to the VIP room.<br>
- Fran: You go first. Those guys look mean.<br>
- Me: Can we go through?<br>
- Frat Brother: You don't have to ask.<br>
- Me: Why did you tell me to go first, Fran?<br>
- Fran: Cause you're more confident than me.</p>
People that think they are going to be magically independent when they become 18.
It is 6 in the fucking morning and my friend just fucking randomly texts me “You’re beautiful.. End of story” Why do I have such good people in my life. I don’t deserve you.
It is 4 in the damn morning. My internet on my computer hasn’t been working for weeks so I have to bike all the way to the lab to get to a computer. I couldn’t sleep. When I walked outside of my residence hall it looked so fucking eerie outside. It was all foggy and misty and stuff. And now I’m in the computer lab with like four other people probably pulling all-nighters. I don’t know what I want to do with my life. I’m imagining myself going to Europe to study abroad for Rowan’s summer program, then joining drump corps, and then graduating college as a Chemical Engineer major, and then going off to Chicago to study improv and go on SNL.
Lol. I could dream.
But anyways, I have no idea why I’m wide awake. I’m lucky I only have two classes today. Calc and Comp. I know I’m going to crash but I could not fucking stand being in my fucking room, laying there like a pathetic fat blob and staring at the ceiling. I kept talking to myself. Like, more than usual. And it was starting to scare me. So I biked. At 3 in the morning. And now I’m here. In a computer lab. Just to vent on Tumblr. Tumblr is life, guys. I’ve been on this site for 4-5 fucking years and so much shit has changed. Why does change continue to surprise me? a) Because I always expect things to stay the same. b) I don’t even realize the change is happening.
I don’t even know if I’m making any sense right now. I’m just drowsy yet alert. I should go to sleep. But I love the internet. I’ll go back to my dorm in a few minutes….
Majestic Motherfucking Creatures we are.
This is sensational
I am too nonchalant about things, then all hits the fan. You’d think i’d learn my lesson by now. Stressed ain’t even the word, baby.
Funny how you fail to sympathize with me when I act abrasive out of anger. You did the same thing.
well i think it’s amazing
Neil Gaiman (via reflections-andfables)
1. Always carry $5 and a lighter with you (even if you don’t smoke).
2. Ask every person you meet how their day is going. Genuinely ask with the soul intention of learning how their day is. Ask the coffee shop employee. Ask the person next to you in line at Walmart. Ask your distant friend. Ask everyone.
3. Take many photos of yourself. Take photos of yourself when you’re happy. Take photos of yourself when you’re sad. Take photos of yourself because there are millions of trees in the world, and we all look at the same sky, but there is only one of you.
4. Stay in contact with your parents. Try not to hate them. They are the reason you have the ability to feel anything at all. Try not to hate your parents.
5. Opening your skin will not set your demons free. Open your heart. Open your mind. Open your hands.
6. Nobody knows anybody completely. That’s okay.
7. Be gentle, but be aggressive. Take a stand. Nobody hears your voice if you stay silent.
8. Respect everybody. We are all humans trying to survive. We all deserve respect.
9. Wearing black will ALWAYS make you feel better about yourself.
10. Always give tips, whether it be a couple extra dollars or a piece of mind. You never know how much you could be helping someone.
11. Change is the only thing consistent in life. Do not allow that bother you. Embrace chance and move with life, whichever direction it chooses to take you.
12. Smile often. Smile at strangers. Smile at your friends. Smile when nobody is looking and you’re alone in your bedroom. Smile when somebody is rambling to you.
13. Body image means nothing. Your body is merely just a seatbelt in the car. Your body is here to protect you. You choose the direction you go, and your body will not hold you back. Only you can hold yourself back.
14. Don’t hold grudges. Don’t allow yourself to hate anybody. Forgive them. Learn to love them for the person you never got to see them to be. Believe that a beautiful human exists in that person. Wish them well.
15. Drink orange juice. Lots of it.
16. Don’t allow the opinions of others to choose your destiny. We are all simply trying to live our own life.
17. Sing all the time. Sing off key. Sing in a silly voice. Sing like you’re on stage. Sing no matter who is around. Singing is breathing for the soul. Sing.
18. Take time to think. Write your feelings down. Write letters to the people you love. Texting is overrated and not as heartfelt as a nice handwritten letter.
19. Live for yourself. Breathe for yourself. Do everything in your life for nobody but you. This is your life. This is it.
School sucks. I lost my best friend.
I’m crazy. I’m exhausted. I’m fat. I’m poor. And my mom keeps saying mean stuff to me. How the fuck was your Thanksgiving weekend.
It takes ten fucking seconds. What is so hard about giving me what I want for ten fucking seconds. I will seriously shut the fuck up and give you the rest of your life if you listen to me for ten fucking seconds.
[Edited: Make sure to read the full terms and agreements, and like most online course sites, do not expect this to act as a replacement for a real-life class unless any specific course you sign up for states it offers transferrable credits. Make sure you know most online-courses will not be recognized as a replacement for any part of any curriculum by credited educational institutions.]
Through Academic Earth, you can take courses in all of the fields below:
- Computer Science
- Social Sciences
- Art & Design
- Test Preparation
- Berklee College of Music
- Carnegie Mellon
- Case Western Reserve
- Dalarna University
- Dartmouth College
- George Washington University
- Gresham College
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- Lund University
- Mises Institute
- New School
- Notre Dame
- The City University of New York
- UC Berkeley
- UC Irvine
- University of California San Francisco
- University of Chicago
- University of Houston
- University of London
- University of New South Wales
- University of North Carolina
- University of Western Sydney
- Wesleyan University
- Art & Art History
- Classics & Classical World
- Political Science, International Relations, and Law
- Urban Studies
- Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence
- Engineering [Mechanical, Civil, and Electrical]
- Environment & Natural Resources
- Psychology & Cognitive Sciences
- Public Health
- BusinessEnjoy the over-abundance of free educational resources, and never stop exploring and expanding! And if anyone knows of any other great self-education resources, let me know!
Wow! This is actually really great, and most of these classes seem to have sets of videotaped lectures for the classes!
now that is something